Sunday, 26 October 2014

INQ28: Deblighting a Blightking Part 1

Hello again, gentle-folk. Let me introduce you to WIP of a not-so-gentle-folk. I guess at this point a lot of you who follow miniature bloggers, particularly those bloggers with a penchant for conversion have had it up to your pestilential gills with the new Blightking models. Well tough because I haven't! Here's the start however of a conversion that upon completion will NOT represent a Blightking, but hopefully something altogether more gross...I know. It's a bold statement. But there you have it!

*   *   *   *

Saturday, 18 October 2014

The Death Bird calls...

Just a quick sketch I put together whilst watching the classic Nosferatu with my Lady. Enjoy!

*   *   *   *

Thursday, 9 October 2014

The Hive Ship cometh....

"We live on a placid island of ignorance 
in the midst of black seas of the infinity,
 and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

Paint! Oh my, sweet glorious paint it has been so long! This is a solo shot of one of my Tyranids. I used a limited palette for these guys and tried a few new techniques to really get that bio-terror-y feel across. I think I might come back and darken the recesses later but for now I'll run you through the process.

The Medium

The Entire model was sprayed Skull White. The Fleshy areas were covered with a good healthy dose of Blood for the Blood God (BftBG) (I love this stuff). After the initial coat a second was applied. While this was drying I painted the carapace with two layers of watered down Rakarth Flesh (RF), Once dry I gave the whole model a wash of Reikland Fleshshade, followed by a wash of Agrax Earthshade in the fleshy recesses and carapace cracks. After leaving to dry I then applied a slightly watered wash of Leviathan Purple over all the fleshy areas. Once dry I applied a layer of RF lightly over the raised areas of the carapace, carefully trying to leave the deepest areas, untouched. After this was dry I highlighted the carapace with a layer of Pallid Wych Flesh. I kept these highlights as uneven as possible. Once dry I cleaned up any overspill onto the skin with BftBG. I'll be coming back to touch up the rest of my guys later on with some more washes where needed, to paint in their eyes and to finish basing them.

Let me know what you think!

Until next time, Stay safe and beware of Old Night!


*   *   *   *

Friday, 3 October 2014

Of Madmen and Monsters...

Good evening folks,

I've realised there hasn't been much paint up here in...well....ever, but I just can't seem to bring myself to get it done. In an aim to generate enthusiasm myself and a group of like minded individuals have come together and formed a gaming group with the intention of completing various projects that we have set ourselves. The first of which takes the form of an entire army. This army will be completed over the course of an entire year, the building of which supported by our involvement in an escalation campaign! WHOOP! So painting AND gaming! An added bonus.
 The campaign year will be broken down into 6 phases with each phase lasting 2 months. In each phase there will be an increase of 250 points starting in phase one with 500 points of models per side. In this way those using this campaign as an opportunity to collect a new army or learn the new rules can become accustomed to how their force performs over a long period of time and through different point brackets as well as grasping the rules in nice little bite-size chunks. It is at this point that I should explain that during each phase the generals are not allowed to change their army list and that it is reserved for the time between the phases where total manipulation of the lists can be made. In this way we hope to restrict what I have come to know as "beardy" lists. I wouldn't be surprised if we still have them somehow though. /sigh

For this campaign I shall be collecting Tyranids. A project I started well over 3 years ago but was pushed back into the depths of my wardrobe. You shall see their progression as time goes on but for now, here's a pict image that was recovered from an data file floating through the void.

*   *   *   *

Another project on the cards is the revival of our long slumbering Necromunda Campaign. I'll be pulling the Ordo Sanguine Salus from retirement and giving them a nice paint job for this little event. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad excited about this one. Genestealer Cultists are great fun to convert, play with and hopefully paint....even if your Magus gets knocked the f&%k out in the second turn of the game.....stupid smelly scavvies....

*   *   *   *

My third project is a splinter project of the escalation campaign spoken of previously and involves my first steps into the amazingly diverse world of INQ28. I have been interested in this for a very log time and it actually sparked the idea for my Advanced Mordheim project, Project Morrslieb (more of that later). Below are just a couple of the WIPs of the various characters you will see as this story progresses.

After that surprisingly huge update I shall bid thee goodnight, I'm looking forward to hearing what you make of my work so far and as I progress down these various hobby roads. You never know, there may even be some paint on the horizon.

As always, safe travels and beware of Old Night


*   *   *   *